There are countless fad diets and weight loss programs advertising quick and easy weight loss. Each program may work for a very short time, but when the routine is over, the weight returns two-fold. Successful weight loss programs require healthy food chooses that are calorie controlled plus exercise. Losing weight and keeping it off requires a permanent lifestyle change.
Weight Loss Strategies
- Losing weight takes commitment, effort and time. Be focused, plan and turn your entire mental and physical energies to lose weight. Begin by addressing the stresses in your life such as relationship issues, money matters, and work concerns. It is impossible to rid your life of stress totally, but if you can manage your lifestyle, you can focus on weight loss.
- Find motivation and the burning drive to stick to your plan. If you are losing weight for a vacation or establishing health, these motivators will give you the mental understanding that encourages you to keep up the program. Add to your motivation by associating with people who are also trying to lose weight. Find people who will listen to you, stop you from overeating and encourage you. A support group will demand accountability.
- Set goals and make them realistic. Weight loss is slow and requires patience for long-term successes. Aim for a two-pound loss each week, use diets and exercises that support your health, and count calories. Burn between 500 to 1000 calories a day to lose those two pounds a week. Customized weight loss body plans can help you lose the weight – it won’t be painless, but it will be successful.
- Eat healthily. Sounds logical and you do need to adopt an eating style that lowers your total daily calorie intake. Don’t feel deprived. Eat more plant-based food like fruits and vegetables and grains. Introduce variety in your diet and learn to love those tasty fruits and vegetables that promote weight loss. Eat breakfast, use olive oils and nut butter and cut back on sugar. Eat low-fat dairy and keep meat consumption to a small 3-ounce portion.
- Keep activity a part of your life. It is possible to lose weight without exercise programs, but you need the calories burning, mood altering and cardiovascular system strengthening that exercise provide. Steady aerobic exercise like walking for 30 minutes a day is an awesome weight loss strategy. Try increasing your physical activity throughout your day. Stop using the elevator, take the stairs. Park at the end of the parking lot, vacuum, chase kids, walk the dog, garden, and stay active.
- An attitude change is essential for weight loss, fat loss, and inch loss. You can eat all the healthy foods and exercise all you want, but if you don’t believe in what you are doing you will not be successful. Long-term weight loss demands a personal assessment and attitude change. Recognize your challenges, plan for long-term and be successful.
Occasional setbacks in your weight loss program can be managed. Don’t give up; start at the moment every day. Weight loss won’t happen in one session. Stick to your new found healthy lifestyle, and you will see weight improvements.