During high school, Jessica blamed her weight problems being “big boned.” To avoid criticism, Jess stopped playing sports and hanging out with friends. She avoided participating in any activities and just sat and ate. The result was high school graduation at 244 pounds. The resolution? Jess ate more. Jessica tried quick fad diets, but nothing worked. Now, Jessica’s friends are cutting her out of all activities and at 290 pounds she has lost her once-brimming confidence.
Jess should have turned to Absolutely Beautiful You Spa & Wellness Center and participated in their Wellness Seminar. This seminar teaches you what is keeping you from losing weight and shows you what to do to take back your life.
Losing weight is as much a mental attitude as physical activity. Learning to change your physical exercise and your diet, shows you how to lose weight and keep it off.
Thousands of studies on the ways to lose weight are all over the Internet, but the best way is to make long term changes. Absolutely Beautiful You Spa & Well Center can teach you to lose a goal number of pounds per week.
As you maintain your goals, you will achieve that healthy body weight and reach the perfect BMI or body mass index. The best advice is to stay consistent. If you eat right one day, don’t splurge the next. If you exercise for thirty minutes a day; keep it up all week. Think about it; thirty minutes is not much time in 24 hours.
To start, you can take advantage of lipo-laser treatments at Absolutely Beautiful You Spa and Wellness Center to help you lose inches. Losing just a few inches will enthuse you about exercising and eating right. You can gain back your confidence.
- Shop for healthy foods. Look for recipes on that provide balance. Eating the right combinations of food at home can give you a jump start on eating healthily. Buy fresh foods from a farmers’ market or your grocery store’s fruit/vegetable aisle.
- Going out to eat on the weekend means choosing healthier options like fish. Request your fish be cooked without salt and ask for bread crumbed grilled fish.
- It’s okay to eat pizza if it is one with toppings that include vegetables, and cheese. Avoid asking for extra cheese on your pizza.
- Pasta covered in a tomato-based sauce is much better than the cheesy cream sauces.
- Eat at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Ask for steamed Chinese vegetables or steamed dumplings. Low carb options like plain rice plus Szechuan prawns can be satisfying.
- If you love burgers, try eating single patty hamburgers without mayo or cheese. Order a salad and avoid fries. Don’t order bacon strips, high-fat sauces, or breaded chicken burgers.
- Keep going to the weight loss seminar at Absolutely Beautiful You Spa and Wellness Center for support. Follow the instructions given at the seminar.
- A good idea is to look over what you ate last week and identify your danger zones. You may find you eat food high in sugars, fats, and sodium. Cut these out of your diet and avoid fast-food restaurants.
- You love your comfort foods but stay away from them! Take your lunch to work, keep plenty of vegetables and salad makings in your kitchen. However, indulging occasionally is okay. It’s hard to deny yourself the foods you love all the time. Avoid binging if you do fall out of line.
Make a Commitment
- Commit to eating healthier. Lose weight by:
- Following the advice of Absolutely Beautiful You Spa and Wellness Center. They are your best advocates as you try and lose those inches.
- Eat off smaller plates. Using small plates is a psychological trick that helps you eat smaller portions. When you use smaller plates, the food on your plate looks like the same proportion you always ate. You feel like you are eating enough, and your stomach is happy.
- Measure portions. You probably eat up to three times more serving sizes than recommended. Watch out when you pour out your cereal. Don’t overdo the Frosted Flakes.
- Remove one convenience food trip a week out of your schedule. Instead, load up your car with healthy vegetables and fruits.
- Throw away your bags of chick and eat apples if you long for “crunch.”. Switch snack foods for healthy foods. Take those bags of chip and throw them away.
- Drink more water. Drinking pure water helps you flush out toxins and quenches your thirst. Try adding packets of flavorings or drink fizzy water if you don’t like plain water. Look for flavorings that do not contain sugar.
- If you are a coffee drinker, order your coffee without cream and sugar. Avoid those Awesome Star Bucks coffees even if they have 2% milk. Designer coffees can be as high as 260 calories. Lose weight by drinking your coffee black.
- Ever watched those wonderful cooking shows that feature foods dropped into a vat of grease? Makes you want to get out the deep fryer. As you eat those deep-fried foods, think about the fat and calories you are adding to your body. Absolutely Beautiful You Spa and Well Center’s wellness seminars can give you solutions to your deep-fried food cravings.
- Junk food is fantastic, but terrible if you are trying to lose weight. Purge out your junk food, throw it in the garbage and clear out the temptation.
- Stop drinking sodas and sugary fruit juices. If you need to have a soda make sure it is a regular soda. Fake sweeteners that turn into embalming fluids and the sodium in diet sodas are bad for your overall health.
- Take a nice walk after dinner. Let your food digest and settle by moving.
- Try and eat out less. Restaurants are fun, but their menus are calorie rich, and food comes in huge portions. You might save money and reduce your weight by eating at home.
- Do you love bread of every type? Bread is incredible but is full of sugar-making carbs. Limit yourself to one carb per meal. Don’t eat bread with pasta.
- If you love gooey desserts, note that is a danger zone for weight control and wellness. Eat a healthy piece of fruit. Strawberries are yummy and might solve your sugar needs.
Get the proper amount of sleep each night. Sleep heals damaged cells and gives you the energy to make it through your day. If you are tired, don’t reach for that sugary, caffeine-y beverage to “pick” you up.
Deal with stress.
There will always be stress in your life; no getting around it. How you deal with stress does prevent you from losing weight. Emotional overdrive often equals binge-eating. You long for comfort and turn to food for comfort. Deal with stress; do something active. Exercise and moving takes away stress. Stress is bad for health and equally bad for weight.
Use Exercise and Eat Right
Now that you are eating better, it is time to commit to increasing your level of physical activity. Studies say that if you are between 19 and 64, you need 150 minutes of moderate aerobic physical exercise a week. Take up fast walking, swim, cycle and get active. Play catch with your kids, mow the lawn, vacuum or garden. Remember, the more activity you do, the more weight you can lose.
One trick is parking further from the door when you go to the mall, store or even your office. Parking away from the store’s entrance is a small change, but a few walking steps from your car to the door will add up. Take the stairs. Walking up stairs gives you a great exercise benefit.
Eat less meat by adding one vegetarian meal to your weekly menu. Fruits and vegetables give you an added burst of energy to help reduce weight.
Foods great for weight loss include homemade soups that are full of vegetables. Eat Greek yogurt, purchase good cheese and keep in touch with Absolutely Beautiful You Spa and Wellness Center. They are your advocates for being healthy.
One piece of advice nutritionists and Absolutely Beautiful You Spa and Wellness Center suggest for losing weight is to leave the “bad” stuff at the store. Walk the fruit and vegetable aisle. Avoid the chip, drink and candy aisles. Avoid the ice cream sections. A trick taught by wellness counselors suggests you avoid the inner aisles of your grocery store. The inner aisles are where the sugar, salty, and high-calorie foods are located.
Check out the Weight Loss Seminar at Absolutely Beautiful You Spa and Wellness Center. Learn about the fat burning hormones that could help you, try their lipolaser techniques to lose inches, and learn what can help you win back your health and weight loss goals.